As of version 220.127.116.1183, dbFront now has the ability to export the database settings to a file which can then be transferred to another server and imported.
The process to migrate your settings to a new server while using the same database server are:
- Install dbFront on the new server and register it.
- Create the database connections on the new server.
- Export the settings from the old server. You will need to specify a database. See: Export/Import
- Ensure that only the settings are being exported.
- Import the settings at the new server. You will need to specify the destination database.
For more details see: Export/Import