Admin Database Menu
Database connections are the starting point of all that dbFront can do. The admin menu lists all of the database connections that you have access to and allows you to manage them.
From the Admin menu you can manage every aspect of a database connection.
- Create: On the last "New Connection" tab you are able to add new database connections. For the sake of security and performance, Database connections should be made using accounts that only have the permissions and access necessary.
- Connection: Once the first connection is created, the connection button allows you to update the connection credentials.
- Access: The access button allows you to manage who has access to this connection, how they get access, and which databases they have access to.
- Disable / Enable: The disable buttons allow you to temporarily disable a connection's databases and hide them from the user menu.
- Refresh: The refresh button forces dbFront to load a fresh copy of the database schema. This is normally not necessary because dbFront should detect and respond to most schema changes.
- Export / Import: The export / import buttons work as a pair and optionally allow you to export the configuration, schema and data from one database and migrate it to another.
From the admin menu you can also manage and open the databases available as part of a connection.
- Open: To open a database click on the database name.
Note: Unless you simply want to explore a database, it might be best to update the defaults and other preferences first,
- Preferences: By clicking on the button beside each database you can manage the database: defaults, appearance, access, and other important settings.
You can switch to the User View to see the databases grouped and arranged as regular users would see them.