Site vs Server License
The features of a Site License are:
- Receive a single Site License key tied to a Major Version of dbFront and Email Address.
- The new Site License allows for three concurrent installs.
- Unlimited reinstalls of dbFront as you replace or migrate Physical or Virtual Machines.
- You are responsible for remaining compliant with the number of licenses purchased.
In comparison to a Site license, regular Pro and Enterprise server licenses can only be transferred to another server with our help since the license keys are server-specific. A single server transfer is permitted for Pro and Enterprise licenses.
Liability & Security
Based on our Terms of Service (TOS) and End User License Agreement (EULA), our liability is limited to the amount paid. This allows us to keep the costs reasonable for the majority of our Small Business clients.
You may have regulatory requirements that demand that we carry additional liability, or you may require that we undergo a security audit or meet heightened regulations.
If this describes your needs then please contact us for a quote specifying your requirements.
Support & Maintenance
All licenses for dbFront are perpetual and will never expire, however, Support & Maintenance will expire.
Support & Maintenance ensures you receive free live and priority technical support including access to new releases of dbFront. The first year of Support & Maintenance is included when you purchase a new dbFront license. After this initial year, you need to renew your annual Support & Maintenance to receive the following benefits:
- Priority Technical Support: Contact us anytime via the website chat or email to receive support including support via Zoom. Our regular support hours are Mon - Fri, 7 am to 5 pm Mountain Standard time (MST). Additional coverage can be requested for upgrades or other issues.
- Software Maintenance: Free upgrades to all new versions, major or minor. New versions include feature enhancements, improved performance, as well as completely new functionality. As you can see from our Release History, dbFront is under active development.
Renewing or Restarting your Support & Maintenance
You can extend or restart your Support & Maintenance online or via purchase order.
Each purchase will extend your existing agreement expiry date by one year. You will receive a receipt with the updated license codes for the latest versions of dbFront.
If you are more than two years past your renewal date, then your Support & Maintenance will expire permanently. A whole new license would need to be purchased to gain access to the benefits of Support & Maintenance, including new releases of dbFront.