dbFront has the ability to directly process Crystal Reports and return the output to the current user as either CSV, DOC, PDF, RTF, TSV or XLS.
Internally dbFront uses our Crystal Report Helper, a stand-alone tool we created to process Crystal Reports and manage the stored credentials.
Creating a Crystal Report
The reports should be created and tested with SAP Crystal Reports.
Adding a Report to dbFront
Once a report is created and tested within Crystal Reports, the following steps are required to configure the report to run within dbFront:
- Copy the report into the dbFront's Crystal Reports folder. The default location is C:\data\dbFront\CrystalReports,
- Create a new Action Button and select the type CrystalReport,
- Set the button title and other options as required,
- On the Crystal Report Tab select the copied report file name,
- Once the report filename is selected dbFront will query the report details and display a list of report input fields,
- Set the source for the report input fields,
- Specify the report output type.
- Save the button changes.
The database credentials are saved using the Crystal Report Helper. For full details see: Save Credentials
Installation & Setup
Your dbFront installation will require the separate installation of the Crystal Report Runtimes. For full details see: Crystal Report Runtime Setup