Active Directory: The system cannot find the file specified
On certain Windows computers, users will not be able to login using dbFront. They will get an error message that says something like:
- You have found a Windows Active Directory bug. This is resolved by adding two missing registry keys.
- The system cannot find the file specified.
- For more help see: http://dbfront.com/ADFileNotFoundError
Operating Systems Affected
At this moment only Windows 10 appears to be affected by this bug.
The solution is to create two missing registry keys via the Windows Registry Editor.
The missing key values are:
The steps are:
- Press the Windows key and type R, to bring up the Run dialog,
- In the run dialog type: regedit.exe,
- Search for the registry key:
- Right-click on the "CurrentVersion" folder and select New > String Value, to create a new Key.
- Name the first key "RegisteredOwner" and enter your name.
- Create another key as before and name it "RegisteredOrganization". You don't need to give it a value.
Once you have made these changes then you should be able to login to dbFront immediately. No reboot or application refresh is required.