A basic new web application can be comfortably setup in dbFront within 30 minutes. You can view the video Adventure Works in 5 Minutes to see this in action.
Below you will find the basic steps that are required so that you can get to the point were a user can login to the application and start updating the data.
Advanced activities such as custom validation and action buttons will take a bit longer to set up but most of that time will be spent crafting appropriate registry expressions, database procedures or table triggers.
- Create a Database Connection.
- Update the Database Preferences to organize your tables and set some basic properties.
- For each table:
- Finally update the Connection Access to give your users access.
- Create/Update database triggers and constraints to ensure business rules can't be violated
- Add Action Buttons to perform specialized functionality.
- Add Row Level Security to ensure users can only see and edit what they should.
- Add Reports for invoicing, review or documentation purposes.
The next step is to update the preferences for the databases the connection made available
- Create a Database Connection